Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 4 Part 2


I figure that I should talk about something other than this class. So this weekend, I was invited to Cape Cod to attend an annual wild game feast.

I was very hesitant at first, because I am not a big fan of being around crowds of people that I don’t know. Eventually I gave in and made the 4 hour trip from western Mass.

The game feast has been going on for 40 years as of current. It was started in 1972, and most of the people in attendance are the founders, spouses, or children. It is apparently rare for people to be invited. Once I had arrived, I found everyone to be extremely friendly.

The food was another sight! They made dishes from every game animal you could imagine! The food never stopped coming. Once one dish had been put out on the table, the guys were already back in the kitchen preparing another.

2 comments:

  1. Hi James,

    I don't enjoy crowds of people, especially ones I don't know, but I like food! I'm not sure what you eat at a wild game feast - rabbit? duck? venison? Sounds interesting.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see we had a wide variety of food to choose from. We had venison, elk, fresh seafood, different game birds wild boar,and it moose. The people really were'nt too bad it's just something different for me. It was really a good time though.

      Delete