Tuesday, February 5, 2013


Week 3 Discussion Topic

 

 

The internet has greatly increased our ability to communicate. I have experienced this through web sites such as facebook, and skype. It is an invaluable asset when serving abroad in order to stay connected with friends and family.

In the aspect of news reporting, I have found it to be somewhat frustrating. It seems like news is reported so rapidly that sometimes reporters or editors don’t have time to vet all of the information for accuracy. Not to mention the grammatical and spelling errors associated with many news articles.

I have been guilty of sending an email before I had time to think it over. Although I guess over the years as I have matured, I will either write an email or think about it for a while before sending, or I will just contemplate my response until I am sure it can be done in a productive manner.  As far as feeling empowered by anonymity of email, they will eventually catch up to you, so its better to think about it before you hit send. Kind of hard to take it back once you have pressed the button!

No comments:

Post a Comment