The impact of such readily available information creates
more of a misinformation problem in my opinion. Just because it is on the
Internet does not mean it is true. We should take more time to properly
evaluate the resource of information before assume it is true.
People are so absorbed with technology that their
interpersonal skills are terrible. We are so reliant on social media apps, and
other forms of modern communication that people don’t interact nearly as often.
Another example is the medias ability to spread panic so rapidly. For instance, gun control, if you go to the store it is hard to find a pistol. The price of firearms are also very high because of this
A couple of thoughts...
ReplyDeleteUntil I took this class, I was not socially connected, but now I am. I have added every app to my phone - FB, Twitter, Google+. I am connected on Linkedin even though I doubt I'll use it. I never used to get spam to my text messages or my RSS feed - now I do.
Whenever there is a tragic gun shooting, people tend to run out and buy guns for self-protection. The media does saturate their news coverage with any tragedy that happens.
I, like Robin was not connected to one social media sight before I took this class. I still do not know what I'm doing but think it is pretty cool so far. As far as the Internet and the immediate availability of information, I agree that people often times believe everything they read and form opinions based on these "stories" they read online. Over saturation of media worthy events do effect other aspects of life such as the after effects of mass shootings which we have seen too many of recently!
ReplyDelete