Is there anyone out there who works with someone that is the good idea fairy in the office? I work with a guy that is fairly new. It seems like every sentence starts with "well when I worked at ____ we did it this way". Anyone who it is driving me crazy. At first I tried to tolerate it, now it's all I can do to keep from completely flying off the handle. I wonder if he can sense my aggression towards him? He probably doesn't even know why. I'm not saying that I cannot appreciate the value of offering something new and improved, but there is a point where it is very aggravating. I have tried to drop some open and that I could care less about what he did in previous employment positions, but he really doesn't seem to be picking up on it.
Have any of you worked with a person like this? If so, how did you deal with them? I am about ready to lose my mind and I don't think that is the best approach.
Hi James,
ReplyDeleteThis is not exactly the same, but when my mother used to come to my house when I was a young wife and mother, she would always way things like - I used to do it this way - or - you should do it this way.
So, one day I told her, when we are at her house, we will do things her way, but when we are at my house we will do things my way.
I'm not sure how you can apply that to your work situation. But, it's the best I've got to offer.
Good luck!
Robin
OOPS. A spelling error. Not "way" - "say".
ReplyDelete